Let the good times roll for a great cause! Get your tickets now for Annual Mardi Gras Party on Fat Tuesday, February 25!
Please join us as we celebrate Mardi Gras at our annual bead and bling affair that benefits the mission of St. Thomas. Our mission is lived out through our weekly worship and educational offerings, and also through our justice and outreach initiatives that we call “The Abbey of St. Thomas.”
TICKETS: $25 PER PERSON includes all the amazing food and a full evening of music and dancing. Beads are provided! Mardi Gras masks, costumes, and wigs are encouraged!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send checks to St. Thomas Church, POB 591, Burnsville, NC. Include a note listing the name, email address, and daytime phone number for EACH ticket purchaser.
Our Abbey Partners Include:
- Dig In! Community Garden – we provide office space and collaborate with Dig In! and NC Cooperative Extension to offer the annual Junior Master Gardener Camp.
- Yancey Alliance for Young Children – helping provide a range of school preparation resources, including hosting the Block-Fest, a research-based exhibit that empowers parents to help their kids learn number and math skills at an early age.
- Circle of Security Parenting Program (COSP) – we launched this program in our community; COSP offers parents an internationally recognized, evidence-based, relationship-focused education and skills; we feed our participating families each week, too.
- Resources for Resilience – teaching evidence-based tools in schools and other community agencies (including DSS and health departments) to help kids and adults cope and overcome stress, trauma, and addiction.
- The Elizabeth Program – specialized one-on-one mentoring for young people who want to go to medical school and return to serve in their home community; a sizable team of trained mentors is convened by Dr. Mike Reif.
- SMART Recovery ® – the leading self-empowering addiction recovery support group. Participants learn recovery tools based on the latest scientific research and participate in a world-wide community with free mutual help groups and online services.
- Legal Counsel for Immigrant Neighbors – We provide free and low-cost professional assistance in hopes of putting our friends on the path to safety and citizenship.
Our party features dancing to the music of the 50s through the 70s with DJ Bill Wygand, New Orleans Style Fare – beans and rice, gumbo, a side dish, King Cake, and several beverage choices. Cash bar, two drink limit.
Please help us help “the good times roll” in support of the last, the lost, the least, and the littlest among us. Join us as we continue to grow our heartfelt service with and to our community partners.